RE: Realtime Replication of a Single File

On Thu, 2005-12-08 at 14:12, Nix, Robert P. wrote:
> Another option would be to run a task that does a "tail -f logfile", and pipe that to something to move the additions to the other machine (The best I could think of would be an IP socket connection).

I didn't understand the problem with an NFS export where the remote side
could do it's own tail -f or equivalent on the reporting box, but how
about a perl script on the box with the log that parses the logs and
updates MySQL or postgresql on the reporting box via DBI?

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx