Re: Bluetooth mouse

On Thu, 2005-12-08 at 10:58 +0100, Klaasjan Brand wrote:

> On 12/8/05, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>         On Wednesday 07 December 2005 17:48, Rick Lim wrote:
>         >Anyone using a Bluetooth mouse with linux?
>         >Or any other Bluetooth device?
>
>         I believe the mouse I'm current using, a microsoft gizmo, is a
>         bluetooth
>         device.  Its receiver feeds a usb port and the os accepts it
>         100%
>         transparently.
>
>         Its a "Wireless Explorer 2.0" model 1007 FWTW.
>
>         Works great, needs fresh batteries here at about 4-6 month
>         intervals, so
>         it won't break the bank for batteries either.
>
> If it works transparantly and batteries last >4 months it almost
> certainly isn't a bluetooth mouse. The bluetooth receivers need the
> bluetooth service running and need to be paired with the mouse. Afaik,
> Fedora doesn't support this out of the box, but it's possible to set
> up.
>
> Klaasjan

hi

I run the Logitech DiNovo keyboard, mouse media pad using bluetooth.

you can set it up as a straight forward hid device through the usb port,
which is how the hub connects, but to use the bluetooth properly you
have to set it up as a hci device and use the bluez software.
you can find this on sourceforge at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/bluez

Laurence