Re: .CHM extension

On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 15:34:45 +0500
Sergey <mafia_rgd@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> How do I open a .chm file? Is states to be an HTML Help document, and
> has an icon of KHelpCenter, but has no included "open with" options.
> Khelpcenter also refuses to handle the file...

Hello
I don't know about any other version of KDE, but on Branch 3.5 built
from KDE's Subversion tree, there is a .CHM viewer built in.
Here is a screenshot of the Konqueror service menu that shows "Preview
in KChmPart":
http://www.afolkey2.net/kchmpart-1.jpg

Just to show that I am not making this up :), here is a screenshot of
one of the two .CHM files I was able to find on my system, using the
above mentioned application:
http://www.afolkey2.net/kchmpart-2.jpg

I also found that it is a part of the kdevelop module for KDE.
I did check the source for kdevelop 3.1.2 (kdevelop is now up to 3.3.0),
which shipped with KDE 3.3.2. and it also contains the sources for
KChmPart.

That is all that I was able to learn so far :(

Steven P. Ulrick