HP nc8320 notebook - Xorg.conf Horiz & Vert settings

I am trying to install FC4 on this notebook and I don't think the
monitor is being sensed properly: just get a black screen after some of
the kernel outputs are displayed when trying to install.

Windows uses resolution=1680x1050 @ 60Hz

With knoppix it chose 1024x768 with
  Horizontal  28.0 x 96.0
  Vertical    50.0 x 75.0

As this is a wide screen display (15.1 in) 1024 is a little stretched
out.

Before I try installing again with resolution=1680x1050 does anyone have
the proper horizontal and vertical settings to go in xorg.conf for this
notebook.  I couldn't find much via Google or HP's site & documentation.

Thanks
  Dave