[OT] Comments: Evolution - Sylpheed Claws

<rant>Evo has been my mail client since RH9. It has become increasingly
ponderous and bloated while usability has diminished.  The offering in
FC5 will be even worse. For example, you can no longer choose how you
want to forward a message (inline, quoted or forward) except by default
configuration. The action set provided by filters remains limited. The
toolbar remains uncustomizable and the menus have been re-arranged and
reduced. In short, Novell is accomplishing the objective of creating a
MS Outlook clone - warts and all.</rant>

The good news is that this has resulted in my changing to Sylpheed
Claws (Fedora Extras). Very fast, stable and light, it is incredibly
flexible and feature rich. For example, reply templates (sadly
missing from Evo) are completely customizable and can even include
calculated or scripted values. The original message text can be placed
where you want it so that you can have reply text above and below the
original message which can be inline or quoted.

The bottom line is that I would encourage people to try SC. Yum it with
a wildcard so that you get all the plugins.

--
Our DNSRBL -
       Eliminate Spam: http://www.TQMcube.com/spam_trap.php