Re: Yum update the latest Fedora 4 Kernel

On 12/3/05, Min Chen <mcfreemind@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yes, the newer kernel 2.6.14 is taken after reboot.  Is yum only available
> when connecting to internet?  I run "yum list kernel*" without internet
> connection and got "Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: livna" (I did yum
> clean all before it)
>
>  Min

[snip]

Please do not top post.  Add your reply to end of the email so that
others can follow the discussion.

First, read the documentation for yum and yum.conf, i.e. "man yum" or
"man yum.conf".

Yum will complain if there is no internet access and you do not have a
local repository defined, ref. yum.conf documentation. This is the
default behavior.