Re: Java plugin?

On 12/3/05, Paul Smith <phhs80@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > That is not true if one installs (from the tarball) Firefox on one's
> > > home directory. I have just tried it.
> >
> > If you install in your homw directory wouldn't that constitute a
> > private installation?  If so, why would there be an expectation that
> > global settings be applicable?
>
> Yes, Kam, you are right. Sorry.
>
> Paul

Paul,

You are also correct regarding the foxfox-1.5 tarball.  It does not
pick up the plugins in /usr/mozilla/plugins. It is compiled for a
generic linux installation. It is not customized for Fedora Core and
makes no reference to /usr/lib/mozilla. [Don't know if Linux Standard
Base compliance would help in this instance.]

That said, all of the Fedora Core Mozilla and Firefox RPMs that I have
installed do make reference to /usr/lib/mozilla and
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins.  So, if a system administrator sticks with
rpms built for Fedora Core what I previously stated would (should?)
apply.

Have a happy holiday!

Kam