Re: (Re-)enabling up2date

On Saturday 03 December 2005 08:58, Timothe Litt wrote:
>In a fit of stupidity, I managed to get up2date
>unsubscribed from its "channel".  (I am unable
>to reconstruct exactly how I got here; it involved
>thinking that getting a Red Hat Network managemente
>account was a good idea; then discovering that
>getting it to do anything was a for-fee service.)

Correct.  But a bigger problem is that A, its been deprecated, and B,
its for Redhat Enterprise commercial Versions of linux, the commercial,
costs more than windows, release.  So it isn't going to work with
fedora, ever.

Fedora uses a utility called yum, which stands for Yellowdog Updater,
Modified.  It will do everything the up2date did, faster & better, but
using the fedora repositories you set up in /etc/yum/.  The install
gives you a default that setup for your distro FC3, and that should
continue to Just Work(TM) until FC3 has been moved to the legacy status.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)