Re: Help in setting up one http server for two different domains

Jim Christiansen wrote:
Hello, I've got a server that is currently serving one website with a registered domain and dns. I would like to use the same server to also serve another domain. Reading about name-based virtual hosting at http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/vhosts/name-based.html I can't seem to get the second url to load- I keep getting the same first domain's webpage. The path for the first domain is from /var/www/html. The path for the second domain is set right now to /var/www/html/seconddomain...

So anywhoooo...  Comments???

Thanks,

Jim

This is how I would do it.
Main domain would be setup at /var/www/html/firstdomain
and the second /var/www/html/seconddomain

<VirtualHost *:80>
	ServerAdmin email@xxxxxxxxx
	DocumentRoot /var/www/html/firstdomain
	ServerName firstdomain.com
	ServerAlias www.firstdomain.com
	ErrorLog logs/firstdomain-error_log
	CustomLog logs/firstdomain-access_log common
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>
	ServerAdmin email@xxxxxxxxx
	DocumentRoot /var/www/html/seconddomain
	ServerName seconddomain.com
	ServerAlias www.firstdomain.com
	ErrorLog logs/seconddomain-error_log
	CustomLog logs/seconddomain-access_log common
</VirtualHost>

Hope this helps

~WILL~