Re: Sylpheed-Claws: how to continue getting a mail from a connection break?

Strong wrote:
Sometimes when getting my mail from a server, the last one breaks the
connection so that after some time when I try to get it again, the
Sylpheed-Claws-1.9.15-1.fc4 gets the downloaded messages again. I want
to reduce the traffic, so don't want that that be the case. Tell me
please how I can do that? Thank You.

The pop3 protocol requires deletes not be done until you end your session.

fetchmail has the ability to "checkpoint" by closing and reopening at regular intervals. This may be a useful workaround.

Note that this itself imposes delays.

--

Cheers
John