Re: FC3 rpm of Skype on FC4

Paul Smith wrote:
Dear All

Does the rpm of Skype (online at its website) for FC3 work fine on FC4?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Dear All and Paul,
I have just discovered that the FC3 rpm of skype has big problems on my FC4. As for Tim, I had a frequent crash of the system, given an high and long use of CPU at 100%. Well, last time after a 10 s of talk the systems crashed.
Maybe I have problems with the CPU fan (I am working to check it).

But then I have uninstalled the rpm, and used the dynamic binary (http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-linux-dynamic). It works very well, using only about 1/3 of the CPU. I have talked 15 minutes and everything has been stable all the time.

Hope this helps
Gianfranco