Re: Submitting arguments to rpmbuild

Tony Nelson wrote:
At 3:03 PM -0800 12/1/05, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:

I'm trying to build an rpm with a little variation.  The rpm in question
is audacity, whose start is shown at the end of this message.

There is a line starting "%{!?_without_mp3:" which is evidently a
conditional, controlled by the macro _without_mp3.  How can I submit
this to rpmbuild?  Or does it have to be edited into the spec file?

Rpmbuild seems to accept options intended for this purpose, since
"rpmbuild --help" returns the following text at the end:

      Options implemented via popt alias/exec:
        --dbpath=DIRECTORY            use database in DIRECTORY
        --with=<option>               enable configure <option> for
      build
        --without=<option>            disable configure <option> for
      build

But I haven't been able to get anything like this to work.

Any help will be appreciated.

I would guess that "--without=mp3" is what is expected.

Try "--without mp3" or "--with mp3" as required. I've never used it with the equals signs but the --help option does suggest it should work as Tony suggested too.

Paul.