Re: Installation Question

Hey James,
Thanks alot for your reply, but I just wanted to ask a small question about one thing, in the end you said "You will, of course, need some unformatted space or an unused partition on the hard drive into which you can install Fedora. Free space in C:\ won't do."

What does that mean? do you mean I HAVE to create a new partition? I mean i have already around 6GBs of free memory on the C partition, and that is the only partition I have... Do i have to re-align these 6 gigs to be a new partition on their own? Can't linux installation just manage it and do the work (ie: create partition, format and install) or do i have to do that manually?

One more question, if i do have to do the above mentioned manually, any ideas how i can do it without losing the rest of the data on the partition, ie without losing the data other than the 6 gigs?

Thanks

--
A. Helmy