Funny FTP

Hello

I've get trying to work with VSFTPD in binary mode several months on
now. But now I got it work. That's funny, before I have files in the
folder /var/ftp/pub/pub (that was a minor bug in my database :) why the
data source was at there) but it works only in ASCII mode (in my
vsftpd.conf file has a option anon_root=/var/ftp/pub). Now I change the
the anon_root to /var/ftp and moved the data one level down, check that
permissions were correct I got the Binary mode work. Why? Why it doesn't
work in first place - the directory has correct permissions; actually
same permissions than the files has. And why it work with Kongueror and
Firefox but not in Opera? Funny :) But now it works, and that's fine for
me.

Regards,
Jarkko Elfving