Re: need help with clamd, freshclam & clamav-milter setup...

Am Do, den 01.12.2005 schrieb Mike Leahy um 22:01:

Please don't top-post.

> I followed the installed readmes to get clamd/clamav-milter working, as
> you suggested.   I 'think' clamd is working, but still nothing happens
> when I send the eicar virus through my sendmail.  My sendmail.mc is
> below.  As before, all the services run fine, after a bit of debugging.
>   Clamav-milter was writing to the log when I had file permissions wrong
> on the clamd.milter/clamd.sock file - I fixed that, now it writes
> nothing to the log when the service starts, and there's no errors to see.
>
> Would it help to see the milter.conf file as well?

> Mike

> DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')dnl

So you don't want to receive any mail?

> FEATURE(delay_checks)dnl
> FEATURE(masquerade_envelope)dnl
> FEATURE(allmasquerade)dnl
> FEATURE(masquerade_entire_domain)dnl
> FEATURE(`dnsbl', `ipwhois.rfc-ignorant.org',`"550 Mail from "
> $&{client_addr} " refused. Rejected for bad WHOIS info on IP of your
> SMTP server - see http://www.rfc-ignorant.org/";')dnl
> FEATURE(`dnsbl', `bl.spamcop.net', `"450 Mail from " $`'&{client_addr} "
> refused - see http://spamcop.net/bl.shtml";')dnl
> FEATURE(`dnsbl',`sbl.spamhaus.org',`Rejected - see http://spamhaus.org/')dnl
> LOCAL_DOMAIN(`mydomain')dnl
> MASQUERADE_AS(`mydomain')dnl
> MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(localhost)dnl
> MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(localhost.localdomain)dnl
> MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(mydomain)dnl
> MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(127.0.0.1)dnl
> MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(192.168.1.102)dnl

Those 2 masquerading lines above aren't valid and don't make much sense.

> MAILER(smtp)dnl
> MAILER(procmail)dnl
> INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`clamav', `S=local:/var/run/clamd.milter/clamd.sock,

Check the milter socket path! The default /etc/sysconfig/clamav-milter
contains

local:/var/run/clamav-milter/clamav.sock

which obviously differ what you specify in sendmail.mc. You may be
confused by the entry in /etc/clamd.d/milter.conf which specifies

LocalSocket /var/run/clamd.milter/clamd.sock

But that is a different socket! You have to distinguish between the
clamd socket and the socket which is used for communication between
clamav-milter and Sendmail. The clamd socket is for communication
between the clamd daemon and a client application like the
clamav-milter.

> F=, T=S:4m;R:4m')dnl
> define(`confINPUT_MAIL_FILTERS', `clamav')dnl

Don't place entries below the MAILEr definitions! That asks for trouble.
The seconds milter configuration line isn't necessary at all. Put the
INPUT_MAIL_FILTER line into the region where you have the DAEMON_OPTIONS
set.

Alexander

Serendipity 01:55:25 up 33 days, 23:55, load average: 0.08, 0.15, 0.18