Re: [FC4] Audio no longer works after upgrade from FC 1

Gilbert Sebenste wrote:

> On Thu, 3 Nov 2005, akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> Since I have never heard of aumix nor Alsa  I can't comment on their
>> use. system sounds , bells and dings have nothing to do with the
>> channels for inputing  radio into FC4. Above you are talking I assume
>> the physical line in to your machine. That is also not what i asked
>> about. alsamixer is the program to adjust the internal sound channels
>> of which there are more than 10. It is these channel levels I am
>> referring to.
>>
>> Of course, it also possible that aumix and Alsa do the same thing as
>> alsamixer and I am all wet.
>

> I plugged the radio into my other generic soundcard, which is located
> on /dev/dsp1 (my SoundBlaster Live! 5.1 card is /dev/dsp), and guess
> what? IT WORKS. I am getting audio now after setting things as you
> suggested. But it STILL won't work with the SoundBlaster card, setting
> things the way you suggested there, too. Weird.

> Gilbert Sebenste
> ********
> (My opinions only!)
> ******
> Staff Meteorologist, Northern Illinois University
> ****
> E-mail:
> sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  ***
> Work phone: 815-753-5492                                                *

I also ran into the same problem with my  SB Audigy card.  I feel that
the new kernel is somehow broken since Mandriva also doesn't accept line
in signals with SB audigy card.  Will work fine with other SB older
cards though.  I really miss having audio with my TV card, but I like
Surround sound with my DVD's.

:)
Ron Hawkins