Re: SCSI low-level utils

T. Horsnell wrote:
Can anyone recommend a utility which will let me do SCSI-disk things
like surface scan, low-level format, bad-block re-vector and such?
Rather like the scu utility on my Alpha box.
smartctl cant do this stuff, and I've so far located Joerg Schilling's
sformat-3.4 (which was last modified in 1998 and which currently wont
compile on my Opteron box) and the Seagate 'seatools' utility (which
doesnt offer low-level bad-block testing/revectoring).

Any advice appreciated.

I'm not sure about smartctl, but there are/were some scsi utilities around. Try google.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait