Re: cannot toggle from GUI to text console

Radu Borsaru wrote:

Hi,

I installed Fedora C4.
After starting the box and X, if I want to access the text console
(Ctrl-Alt-F1..6) the monitor just blanks and shows nothing.
I can go back to graphics console and everything is fine there.
If I start the box in level 3 the text console are fine but again if I
do a startx, the GUI will start and I cannot move to text console
anymore.
I have a Acer AL1511 15' LCD and Intel 845 video card.

Can someone suggest anything?

Thank you,
Radu B.

Apply the updates for FC4. This problem was present when the discs were burned for FC4. The newer versions of X work fine with Intel chipsets that I have tried. (865G and 815). Your 845 ought to work for terminals after applying the updates.

The problem was with a bug in GCC for optimized compilations. It was fixed and so were programs which were recompiled with the newer and debugged GCC compiler.

Jim

--
Fundamentally, there may be no basis for anything.