Re: Automatic email relay agent?

Am Mi, den 30.11.2005 schrieb Hongwei Li um 21:32:

> Thank you very much for the help!  I uncomment the line
>
> DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=submission, Name=MSA, M=Ea')dnl
>
> but, I have a question: if outlook express does not use port 587, then what to
> do?  How to make sure that if outlook express finds port 25 blocked, it will
> try port 587?

You don't have to use SMTP AUTH through the submission port. It is
common to offer AUTH on standard port 25.

> What about the other line
>
> dnl DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtps, Name=TLSMTA, M=s')dnl
>
> does that help if it is uncomment too?

No need for that either. Even I think poorly designed MUAs like OE can
not handle SMTPS.

> Hongwei

Pleas read a howto for enabling SMTP AUTH running Sendmail, i.e.
following

http://www.joreybump.com/code/howto/smtpauth.html

Just note that the location of the TLS certificates changes with FC4
release. So if you offer STARTTLS to secure insecure AUTH mechanisms
LOGIN and PLAIN (Outlook and OE can't use secure MD5 mechanisms) - which
is highly recommended to be secured - make sure you define the propers
paths.

Alexander

Serendipity 22:00:41 up 32 days, 20:01, load average: 0.29, 0.38, 0.37