Re: Limit access to internet

Peter Loof wrote:
Hi all,

I wan't to limit my kids access to internet, preferable with some kind of
white-list approach on user-level (not on IP address). Running a Fedora C3
installation as GW to Internet and mostly MS/Windows clinet accessing the
net.

Any ideas?

Thank's

/Peter

You can use a squid-porxy with auth. You only have to add a user, for exapmple www-user, to your system and tell squid to ask for login data. Then you have to give these account-data to the users who should hava access.
Of course you can make a seperate linux-user for every internet-user.

If you now disable the ports 80 and 443, you can restrict the www-trafic in your lan.