Re: Firewalled/NATted with BitTorrent GUI 4.2.0

On Tuesday 29 November 2005 10:50, D. D. Brierton wrote:

>  Does anyone have any pointers on this? In short, I just want to know how
>  to confirm that ports 6881-6889 are open and whether my router really is
>  forwarding those ports to my machine, and if they are why the BitTorrent
>  GUI seems to think they aren't.

Sorry to jump in here so late but here it goes.  Haven't read what you have
and have not done as of this point.

First off what type of router are you using?  Linux?
Log onto your router and ensure that it is passing these ports.

Check you own firewall setting by looking at /etc/sysconf/iptables.  Are you
allowing the ports out there?  Is there a rule that allows
ESTABLISHED,RELATED packets back in?

Last bring up ethereal and start a capture.  Run your program and wait for it
to fail or function.  If it fails stop the capture and look at what happened.
See if you see packets going and returning from the ip address that you are
trying to get ports 6881-6889 working for.

Should you have any problems reading the capture email it to me and I'll take
a look at it for you.

Feel free to contact me off the list if you would like that I check you rule
set or post them to this site http://rafb.net/paste/ and let everyone know
the URL so they can look at them.

--

Regards