FC4 hangs on SONY VAIO FJ series laptop

Hi.

I have just installed FC4 on a SONY VAIO VGN-FJ1S laptop. Installation went flawlessly but the system hung up upon reboot at the "Hardware Initialization" stage, just afer printing "storage network" on the screen.

My guess is that the problem is related to the strange Phoenix BIOS in the machine which, in Windows XP, is assigning IRQs above 15 to the network card, USB controller, wifi card, Firewire, etc.

Any help?

Fernando