Re: YAYP - Yet Another Yum Problem

On Sun, 2005-11-27 at 05:49 -0600, Mike Chambers wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-11-27 at 08:26 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
>
> > Didn't help. I then tried:
> > # yum update --exclude=xine* --exclude=kdemultimedia --exclude=mplayer
> > --exclude=dbus-*
> > and it still complains about those missing dependancies.
>
> That's because some other package is depending on those, so they are
> being pulled in.  You need to check through the update command itself,
> so see where in there that those packages are being called from, and
> then list that package as the excluded (maybe among the ones listed
> already).

Is one of the packages you are trying to update directfb? If so, are you
using any packages from Livna.org? If both of these are the case, this
would make sense. Livna's versions of xine, mplayer, etc. seem to have
directfb dependencies. I noticed there is an update in the Livna queue,
but it's apparently not yet ready.

I know this is the case for me. Guess I'll have to be patient and wait
for the Livna folks to catch up.

Cheers,

Chris

--