Re: [OT] DNSguruz pl help: whois structure, delegation & handling delegation with Tinydns.

On Tue, 2005-11-22 at 11:58 +1030, Tim wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-11-21 at 12:54 -0600, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> > For those people have contact information in whois just
> > results in harrassment without really being useful for people needing
> > to solve network problems.
>

> That's certainly true.  Sending spam to webmaster, hostmaster, or
> postmaster addresses is a surefire way to get added to the spamfilter.
> Mine get cluttered with crap.

Maybe I'm new and have rose-tinted glasses, but simply because I will
get SPAM at that address, its not adequate reason for not having one,
IMHO. Someone facing any kind of network problem including virii
portscans or spam, should be able to get in touch with me...his mail may
be bogged down by filters but I will get down to it...even if a bit
late, because I have made a process of going through all spam cursorily
before I delete them.

In addition, projects like dshield.org will need such an email address,
if my network is interfering with a participating Network, as they will
need an adress they can mail using an automated process.

> >  For their purposes they can provide any contact
> > information they think will be useful on their web pages.

Strangely, I don't plan to put any email addresses on my sites...only
web-forms.

> Though, that's only going to be of any good when the webserver is
> working.  Whois contact information would give someone a way to say,
> "Hey, you're webserver is down," to the webmaster.

;-)) Yes...that too.

With best regards.
Sanjay.