Re: FC4 - KVM mouse needing reset

Hi

Could it be that the keyboard gets connected to the mouse?

When I was connecting a KVM with two boxes, I put the keyb out of A to the
mouse in of a pc, and vice versa.  Then when typing, I get the same result as
you described.

Check:

1. Follow MOUSE out from each out of the kvm to verify that it is connected to
mouse in on the pc.
2. Same thing for keyboard out
3. Check that keyboard in on kvm is really keyboard and mouse in is really
mouse.

I do not want to offend you with these points, even though they seem obvious.
Having 15 wires connected to a little box and four pcs is hell to untangle.
So best after you verify each wire, label it on both sides.

4. Is your KVM a digital one that simulates the keyb, mouse, monitor when it
is not selected?  Say you have it on A, it will simulate that there is a
mouse/keyb/monitor on B,C,D,E so that the system doesn't think it's crippled?
If that's the case, maybe its getting time to change the box.
5. In case it's a manual switch, make sure the switch doesn't stay between two
positions.  You usually notice this on the screen as it will have an impact
on brightness and colors.

HTH

Andy

--