Re: MP3 not supported?

Darryl L. Pierce wrote:

Okay, relative newbie question:

Why does Fedora default to HelixPlayer for MP3s and then throw up the message "The player does not have the capabilities to play back this content"? Why doesn't Fedora install MP3 (and MPEG-4) support by default, and how do I install these so that my default player for both types (HelixPlayer and Totem) will actually play MP3 and MPEG files?

http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/release-notes/fc4/errata/#sn-why-no-mp3

regards
Rahul