Re: Problem accessing ntfs partition in FC4 samba server from XP

Barry Yu wrote:
> From a remote XP machine, I can access the fat32 partition in FC4 samba
> server, but when accessing ntfs partition in same FC4 machine, access
> being denied - No permssion for access indicated  (ntfs rpm package
> installed into kernel already and in FC4 locally can read files in this
> ntfs partition).
> The /etc/samba/smb.conf is as below;
<snipped>

I assume that you've got SELinux turned off, at least for Samba.

Do all the users in question have read access to the NTFS share?

James.

--
E-mail address: james | Ah yes. Thingie and thingamagig, and I'll throw in
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | whatchamacallit too. Because in tech support, "button"