Re: Toshiba laptop sound

Darryl L. Pierce wrote:
Paul F. Johnson wrote:

Which sound system is Fedora using by default: OSS, ALSA, ESD or something else? I've left the configuration on ALSA since I assume that's proper but no sound is played. When I run sound system detection, I never hear the test sound but I'm pretty sure it's installed without error.

Which version of the kernel are you using? I've seen it that the vanilla
kernel shipped with FC4 not work with i8x0 sound.

Linux version 2.6.14-1.1637_FC4 (bhcompile@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) (gcc version 4.0.1 20050727 (Red Hat 4.0.1-5)) #1 Wed Nov 9 18:19:37 EST 2005

Check the ALSA switches and see if the External Amplifier is turned on. I had to do this on my Toshiba M60 using ALSA.

Robin