FC3 system hangs using firefox scrollbar

Within the past couple weeks I have an FC3 system which periodically
locks up hard occasionally.  This has happened about four times so
far, and usually happens exactly when I'm clicking and/or dragging on
my Firefox's vertical scroll bar.  The system locks really hard; all
activity stops, cursor doesn't move, network is unresposive, and all
control-alt sequences do nothing.

This system has been very stable until recently, so I am wondering
if it might be related to some recent update.  It is running the SMP
kernel 2.6.12-1.1381_FC3smp, a single-chip Xeon with hyperthreading.
If it matters, the mouse is USB with a scrollwheel, but I've not seen
any USB problems before.

Has anybody seen anything like this; and is there anything I can
do to get more information.  Since it happens so infrequently, it's
tough to reproduce.

BTW, I also have another FC3 system (UP Athlon) which has been
experiencing hard lockups every third or fourth day for the past few
weeks as well (very stable before that), but it usually locks up when
left unattended.
--
Deron Meranda