Re: Problem with partitioning -- How to format hard drive and reinstall Windows?

akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

WinXP can be either Fat32 or NTFS and Linux will work with both. If it
is Fat32 it can be easily mounted in Linux and read and written to.
However, writing too often can be bad for the health of WinXP.

In what sense do you mean "Linux will work with [NTFS]"?

AFAIK, writing is essentially not supported (no changes to
file sizes, or file creations), and reading has slightly
limited suports (file names sometimes get corrupted).

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.