Re: LDAP SSL Problems (was: service script (/etc/init.d/ldap))

Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
From: fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Craig White
Sent: Monday, November 14, 2005 5:10 PM
To: For users of Fedora Core releases
Subject: RE: LDAP SSL Problems (was: service script (/etc/init.d/ldap))

On Mon, 2005-11-14 at 16:42 -0800, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:

See: if LANG=C klist -k "$KRB5_KTNAME" | tail -n 4 | awk

'{print $2}' |

===============^^^^^
s/b ===========$klist

----
your previous email referenced the missing '$' on the word kinit not
klist which was significant since kinit doesn't exist in the file but
klist clearly does in a number of places. I understand how you
transposed it though - going buggy after typing it a number of times it
probably just flowed naturally through your fingers.

Craig

Yea... sorry... I was trying to solve my problem with ldap
and it was getting a bit frustrating - so I lost it somewhere
when my fingers starting running away from me :-)

Your certificate creation method did not work.  I saw that I
had to change the openssl.cnf path and I did get the two
files: ldap.csr and ldap.key but missing is ca.certs and
ca.key.

Dan

I've just been setting up an LDAP server today (not using Kerberos, but that might come at some point). I created a CA certificate and server certificate using the instructions here: http://www.openldap.org/pub/ksoper/OpenLDAP_TLS_howto.html

E-mail :    nmw@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Phone :     +44 (0)116 2523548, Fax : +44 (0)116 2523555