Re: Problem with partitioning -- How to format hard drive and reinstall Windows?

peter wu wrote:
Thanks for your kind reply, Eddie.

But as I said, I tried to boot from the Windows XP CD. I get the following msg:

"Setup is inspecting your computer's hardware configuraton..."

Then the computer hangs.

Also, I just wanted to install Linux, but booting with Linux installation CD gave me an error saying "No Drives Found." The msg said there was no valid device on which to create new file systems.

Any suggestion?

--peter

You've been getting a lot of good answers, and I'm about to add another one.

Get yourself a hold of the ultimate boot cd (www.ultimatebootcd.com).

It will boot a screwed PC, you can then do almost anything you want (it has an incredible amount of tools on the CD).

I'd grab a disk wiper utility, and tell it to zap the disk.

Regards,
Ed.
begin:vcard
fn:Edward Dekkers
n:Dekkers;Edward
org:Triple D Computer Services Pty. Ltd.;Management
adr:;;822 Rowley Road;Oakford;WA;6121;Australia
email;internet:edward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Mr.
tel;work:(08) 9397-1040
tel;fax:(08) 9397-0749