Re: Problem with partitioning -- How to format hard drive and reinstall Windows?

On 11/15/05, peter wu <pwu95@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks, Thom, for your kind reply.

I have Dell Dimension 8400 with Windows XP Home and 160G Serial ATA hard drive.

Can I make Dell media disc myself, since my Windows is still working. (BTW, what would Dell media disc do for me?)

-

I'm not sure if you can make the disc from a working one. I'm suprised FC4 doesn't see the SATA drive. The media disc is only useful if you want to reinstall. I normally reinstall every 4 to 6 months. Sort of on the schedule with the FC releases. Just makes things run better I find.

--
-=/>Thom