Fedora amazes yet again

Hello All,

	I got an iPod mini for my birthday.  After installing iTunes software
on Windows and loading/playing some songs, I rebooted into FC4 and was
surprised to find an iPod icon on my gnome desktop.  FC4 seems to treat
the iPod as just another USB hard drive.  From the icon I was able to
drill down through several layers of folders to files that seem to
contain songs in Apple's m4a format although, of course, the iPod's
database structure wasn't quite as transparent.  But in Windows it takes
real labor to see any structure at all!
	I was expecting to have to do a lot to get this far towards using my
iPod with FC4 rather than with Windows.  But people "out there" seem to
have already been working on this.  Sometimes the scope of Linux as a
collaborative project is amazing.
	My question: is there an iPod software interface like iTunes that works
well on FC4, or at least a package that can play (or convert) m4a files?

Jerry