Cirrus (Logic CS 4614/22/24) Sound Chip - FC4

Everyone,

I have a couple of E-Machine new installs of FC4 and have had some
difficulty getting this sound card (Cirrus (Logic CS 4614/22/24) Sound
Chip) to work.  The card is recognized by the sound detection software
but does not seem to be controllable by any of the software I have
found.

I have done a google search and found the same problem existed for FC3.
There were some suggstions to use 'kmix' to tweak the controls.  I have
kmix installe on my FC4 system but can not get it to function under
gnome.

Does anyone have any tricks to get this sound card working?

Thanks,

Greg Ennis