Floppy Install

Wait, wait, wait...before you start bashing this dead horse again... Let me explain. I'm in a bind with a few machines needing to be upgraded to FC4. The machines do not have a CD drive. They also do not have USB on them. And to top it off, they're all stuck in a rack where it's going to be a major pain in the rear to get out. And I can't use PXE because the NICs in the machines don't support it. So, I went hunting and google came up with this web site:

   http://www.thisiscool.com/fcfloppy.htm

Great! Except...it doesn't work. It loads all the floppies just fine and goes through to where it wants to load anaconda and then it barfs with 'Less than 4MB of memory. System halted' And I'm dead in the water again. These machines have 512MB in them.

All I need is to boot the machine up to where I can start the installer and pull the ISOs across NFS. Other than the above option, does anyone have any other suggestions and/or tricks up their sleeves? And please don't say 'pull the machines out and rip them open.' That would be the utmost last option right now. There's got to be something else somewhere. I honestly don't want to pull each and everyone of them out, rip them open to connect a CD drive, install the OS, then take the drive off and stick it back in the rack, only to repeat it again for the next one. Lather, rinse, repeat. I have to believe that somewhere someone made a floppy based bootstrap that works. And I'm hoping someone here can tell me where I can find that.

--
W | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.
 Ashley M. Kirchner <mailto:ashley@xxxxxxxxxx>   .   303.442.6410 x130