Re: Quake 4

--On Thursday, November 10, 2005 12:52 PM +0200 Gilboa Davara <gilboada@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Anyways, which sound driver do you use? Alsa or OSS?

How would I know? From Per's message I'm guessing ALSA is the default and I haven't tried starting it yet with other arguments.

More-ever, how did you configure it?

I didn't, as I haven't researched the Linux audio architecture.

I had severe sound problem with Doom3 (choppy sound) till I tweaked my
Alsa configuration.
Once I configured Alsa, I got a clear 5.1 sound out my Audigy 2ZS /
Logitech speakers setup.

Good to know. Now I just need to know where the ALSA "knobs" are to tweak.

Looking at the Doom3 FAQ, it looks like the knobs are in the app (ie. the Q4 command line), not system-wide. I'll report back after fiddling with the command line.