Re: Problem adding new user...

Guillou Erwan wrote:
Le Mardi 08 Novembre 2005 23:02, Mike McCarty a écrit :

Guillou Erwan wrote:

[snip]

Under root account you can also try su - user.
It should not ask for password but it will launch a login shell.

It should indeed. But I don't want new users logging in as root
in order to su to themselves!

I understand for the root account that you don't want any body to use it.
It was just to validate that login was working properly. If it works, it may comes from the password and not from the user account setting (shell, home directory)

I find that not only does su - freddy work, but I can log into
the machine as freddy, using CONTROL-ALT-F1 alternate console,
but the login program does not work from inside a gnome-term.

Looks like some kind of defect to me.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.