OT - OOo Spreadsheet Macro

O know this is OT but I am sure someone here knows how to do this. I have a spreadsheet that I want to use to score an event. I want to enter the time or score in column A and then have a macro that will rank the scores in column B starting at one. It also needs to be fairly dynamic, instead of giving it a column I want to place a button in the column an have the macro sort that column and put the results in the adjacent column. I have no clue how to do this, any help would be appreciated.

Score 	Rank

5.27 	3
2.33 	2
1 	*1*