Re: Sound card for two applications

Answer to myself.
:)

the package is esound
i have it installed on my system at least
rpm -qa | grep esound
gives the next answer.

esound-0.2.36-0.fc4.1
but i cant finde the command esound
nor
/etc/init.d/esound

what am i doing wrong ?
how could i be sure i am running the aplication?
regards,

Guillermo

Guillermo Garron wrote:

Hi guys,

I am using FC4 with an INTEL integrated sound card.
Intel Corporation 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) AC'97 Audio Controller,

I have tried to use skype when my browser have the control of the sound card, and i have to turn off all applications that uses the sound card in order to use the one i want.

i have read somewhere that it is needed to install a special software to make linux able to run two aplications that uses the same sound card.

am i right? please tell me what i am doing wrong.
regards,
Guillermo Garron