Re: Semi-OT: VNC Alternatives.

On 03Nov2005 16:54, Gilboa Davara <gilboada@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| I'm trying to ease the pain of using Linux.
| If I choose the tunnel-over-SSH with X-forwarding option, the first
| Windows they'll see will be an empty terminal window instead of looking
| at a full-blow-Windows-like UI.
| I really don't want to scare them off.

If you really don't want to scare them off, running a rootless Cygwin/X server
will let you pop up X client on their totally familiar Windows desktop.

Roll a few icons that ssh to the Linux box and run the GUI app pointed back
at their Windows PC - the X11 forward will do this for you.

Or are you trying to entice them with a nice non-Windows desktop?
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Who the hell wants to hear actors talk?