Re: Yum grabbing wrong kernel update????

Andy Green wrote:
Mcguffey, David C wrote:

On 12 Oct 2005 I reported in a message (Subject: FC4 post-yum message
"Kernel panic -- not syncing: Attempted to k ill init!") that yum was
crashing my FC4 load to the point it wouldn't boot.

Today, I finally tracked down the fact that when yum retrieves a kernel
update (2.6.11 to 2.6.13) for i686, the kernel won't survive a reboot.  It
will continue to run after yum is finished, but a reboot causes the message
reported above.

Can this be some kind of problem generating or using the kernel initrd?
   What can be seen on screen in the few lines before this error?  Is
there room in /boot?
You might also want to check that the grub configuration is correct; I don't use grub (as yet), but I know from experience that if the initrd file doesn't match up with the kernel, you'll have problems.

"The two most common things in the	| Bill Perkins
 universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity."	| perk@xxxxxxx
					| programmer-at-large
		F. Zappa		| ALL assembly languages done here.