Re: CUPS problems on FC4?

On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 11:45:40AM -0800, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:

> I got CUPS to find my HP 4m Plus network printer and
> the test page printed out great default test page but
> running the command: lpr filename on a named
> zones file resulted in only two lines out of over 65 lines
> to print.
>
> Any idea what might be (my/the) problem?
>
> Thanks
> Dan
I have to be careful here. Do you have HPLIP installed (which are
the updated printer drivers? They can be downloaded from Sourceforge.
But there are also fedora rpm for these.

Then use the CUPS web interface localhost:631 to configure your
printer and see how that goes.

If that does not work ask further.

Aaron Konstam
Computer Science