Re: Apache Httpd on FC4 screwed up? FrontPagewill notwork w/ochanges.

Hi

I discovered the problem.  The /usr/bin/system-config-securitylevel
is the command-level program (which is what I was using) and this
is NOT the same as the one suppled via the Gnome-Menu of
Desktop->System Settings->Security Level as this was the
GUI for which the SElinux tab does appear.  Duh-O
It should be exactly the same program

Anyway, in any case, I have disabled SElinux protections
for httpd and Samba.  Both was too difficult to determine
as the httpd had something to do with the
<VirtualHost _default_:8090> for FrontPage and I could
not figure it out, and as for Samba, I could get the shares
to work, except that the contents refused to appear - very
wierd and non of the combinations I tried worked.  Nevertheless
the rest of the system is running under SElinux.

Thanks for the leads.
Dan

Like I said you can post the AVC denied messages in /var/log/audit (if you have audit daemon enabled) or /var/log/messages to fedora-selinux list to help figure out the issue here

regards
Rahul