Re: Semi-OT: VNC Alternatives.

Gilboa Davara wrote:

I need help.
I'm trying to help my Windows-using-coworkers access my Linux (FC, CENT,
RHEL) farm from their Windows (yuck!) desktops and I'm a bit stuck.

My initial thought was VNC. I've created a couple of VNC accounts on
each server and configured each of accounts to run KDE.
Amazingly enough, the solution seem to be working just fine (considering
the number of active KDE sessions) but soon enough, I started getting
Windows client disconnect errors which do not seem to relate to server
load and/or network load.

You may be better served diagnosing the disconnects (and stick to using RealVNC for highest reliability).

-- Rex