Re: Printer for FC4

fredex wrote:

On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 08:17:52PM -0500, Michael Comperchio wrote:
I'm looking for a printer for my FC4. The only thing left that I can't do is print. I've got a Brother MFC 3100c that I haven't been able to find a printer driver for, so I guess I'm gonna have to replace it. That's ok. I want to be rid of the XP install that's sitting on my machine, so I'm quite willing to part with some hard earned money to do it!...but I am Scottish (not cheap, frugal) so don't want to part with too much of that hard earned money. Any Suggestions?

have you looked at linuxprinting.org? they don't list MFC-3100, but
there is a link to Brother's web site where they have Linux drivers for a
long list of printers. Again 3100 isn't on the list, but 3250 is,... any
chance it's compatible with your printer?

Fred

Sometimes life is just too funny. There are brother listings (and Thank You, I didn't know about that site...) but the one documented as NOT working is the MFC 3100c, which is, of course, the one I have!

But there are great recommendations for printers so thanks again for the pointer...

Michael