Re: Can't display google maps or msnmaps in firefox

Patrick May wrote:

On Tue, Nov 01, 2005 at 05:07:01PM -0700, Thomas Taylor wrote:
On Tuesday 01 November 2005 13:34, oldman wrote:
Hello all

   Just after google maps went online I checked it out and was very
impressed.  Ditto with msn maps or whatever it's called.  However I seem
to have done something to cause it to stop working and I'll be darned if
I can figure out what.  When displaying I get a gray box with some
smaller gray boxes where the pins should be.

   I have removed all extensions (but not plugins!) and this did not help.
   Interesting to note that if I fire up Mozilla, both sites work fine.

Anyone got an idea?

Scott
One thing you can check is "Edit > Preferences > Web Features" and see if the "Load Images" button is checked and the button "For the originating web site only" is un-checked.
HTH,
Tom

--
Tom Taylor
Linux user #263467

Check that JavaScript is allowed to change images. That one bit me
in the rear. Firefox did the exact thing to me when I unchecked that (trying
to avoid some really horrid Flash ads on a web site...about 4 of them would
cause a machine to spike to 100% CPU every couple of seconds.)

Patrick

Patrick & Tom:

Thanks for the pointers. Turns out it was the advanced JavaScript option to allow JS to change images. No idea how that got changed as I don't remember ever looking there, but it's nice to have back again!

Scott