Re: Java 1.50 not installed in FC4? Use Sun's version?

Daniel B. Thurman writes:

One more thing is not clear to me, even though I
want to install the JDK, do I still need to install
the JRE?

If you are referring to Sun's stuff, their JDK includes JRE, so no.

Installing the JDK the proper way is to rebuild the rpm
but nothing is said about the JRE, assuming that it needed.

With JDK, you can build stuff and run stuff.

With JRE, you can only run stuff.