Re: Java 1.50 not installed in FC4? Use Sun's version?

Daniel B. Thurman writes:

Well, I checked.  Java 1.50 is not installed on FC4, even with all
the updates.

Umm, yeah?  And what exactly led you to expect it to be installed?

              I searched the RPMs and see references to v1.4.2?
Is that it??

Nope, this is the gcc Java compiler. Java, as in JVM, is not, and has never been, free software. And until it is, it ain't going to be in Fedora.

Can I install Sun's v1.50 or what is recommended.

Yes, you can.

I noticed this problem since FireFox did not find *any*
java installed as a module ....

Right. FireFox would probably want Java, as in JVM. FireFox has very little use for a compiler.