Re: RPM and Add remove programs

Guillermo Garron wrote:
Thank you Paul,

But now where do i find yum? i need to install some c++ libraries and i can't :(
thank you very much.
regards,
Guillermo.

Paul Howarth wrote:

Guillermo Garron wrote:

Hi,

I have just installed FC4, and i invoque the automated upgrade software, i upgraded the RPM software and now when i want to add more programs to my linux from the original CDs it says it can't do it because it is looking for the old version of rpm software.

Does any body had this issue before?

Yes, it's a well-known problem with this program, which will be replaced in FC5 by a yum-based installer.

For FC4 (and FC3, which has the same issue), the best bet is to install software using yum or one of the GUIs for it.

Paul.

And if you want a graphical installer, install yum extender

 yum install yumex

--
Robin Laing